Pharos
Level 35
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:26:33

Quoting Zero Damage:
Quoting Onefiveonefourfive:
Quoting Askja:
Quoting Zero Damage:
The problem of AOE classes dominating mostly single target classes is still a huge issue, for example you have a barbarian or a warlock being able to just spam boosts while rangers struggle to cover their costs at a fraction of their exp/h.

Very crucial point.

As I wrote somewhere else, as paladin 700 the only place where I get decent exp is templars, where I lose money each time I boost, and still get LESS EXP than a barbarian 400-500 going to yahgans barbarians, where they do big profit.

Therefore I'm obliged to go to easy places like yahgans barbarians, where I do some profit too, and where I get something like 30% less exp than those 400-500 barbs .... it's sick !

How do you guys expect a paladin to do as much exp per hour as a barb? Barbarian is always been known as one of the best solo hunting classes. Paladins are made to be tanks for a team... You guys don't make sense

The problem is game progression has stopped so at some point tankiness has no difference. You can see a difference at say level 100 but when you look at 500, then barbarian can just 8 box close to any monster and be totally fine.

I kind of disagree with just making rangers AOE as things start to feel the same (especially having 2 rangers), you could make rogue more AOE based and just super beef up marksman single target (obviously reduced in PVP to not make them OP).

Shamans need something to stop them just being a spam macro bot.

I highly disagree.
There is a reason other games of the genre evolved into AOE hunting to make it balanced.
Your plan is to buff a ranger's single target PvE damage to a point that it kills as many creatures as an AOE subclass? How many damage increase it must be? You'd almost one shot every single creature in a hunt, it looks terrible.
Onefiveonefourfive
Player

Outfit
Zera
Level 200
Mage
8th May 2024 14:28:19

Quoting Zero Damage:
Quoting Buff Ranger:
How do you guys expect a paladin to do as much exp per hour as a barb? Barbarian is always been known as one of the best solo hunting classes. Paladins are made to be tanks for a team... You guys don't make sense

Tell us some high level content that needs a Paladin to be done. There is no reason to play Paladin at higher levels because there is no such challenge, almost everyone turned into a Barbarian because it's just better in all ways.

Last seasonal I watched barbs struggle to do literally everything but solo hunt without a shaman. High lvl quests, teamhunts etc... You have to spam health flask while healing with recu just to teamhunt. Without a shaman around barbs are no blocker...

You've seen some very bad barbarians then, I play barbarian for the first time and didn't ever have to heal manually, the life steal is just crazy from them.

Maybe solo hunting easy mobs... yes. But tanking hard mobs for a team hunt or quest you are 100% no where near as tough as a pally you will not be able to heal without a shaman.
Askja
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 842
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:29:19 (Last edited 8th May 2024 14:32:43)

In my opinion, the non sense is in the fact that a level 700 paladin hunting in best place of the game (and most expensive ofc) doesn't even reach the exp of a level 450 barb in an easy and cheap place.

I already answered this argument here.

Quoting CM Mercury:

-Increased paladins Fortification from 6% to 8%
-Changed Sweeping Swipe boost to Cleave boost (10%)

What do you mean exactly ? Normally, fortification goes from 5% (beginner) to 8% (from magic level 20). And I don't think paladins need more fortification, they need more damage.

Cleave : last year we had an unjustified 20% nerf on cleave. To cancel it, you need buff cleave by 25% (1/0,8=1,25). And be certain even 25% wouldn't be enough ...

https://www.playzezenia.com/forum/thread/20298/post184527#184527
Gremar
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 10
Ranger
8th May 2024 14:42:06 (Last edited 8th May 2024 14:44:17)

i can't understand why people are asking for a nerf on barbarian.

what the game lacks is higher level hunts that require a paladin to tank and hunt in a group, there's no way a paladin can get close to barbarian exp without being in a group. same thing with shaman, the class is entirely support! what's the point of playing with it if it's not in a group? if you love shaman but hate its xph just accept it. it's meant to be a group hunt just like paladin.

the game needs new monsters, new high level hunts... where it's justified to hunt in a group with a paladin and get a higher xph than at the moment, the game needs a bonus for hunting in a party just like tibia! each class or subclass gives +3% exp to the whole party

make a decent “exeta res” for paladins please, luring monsters in zezenia is a pain in the ass. whenever you're luring a box or more they end up turning into shooters... although today group hunts are at high levels and almost never offer a gigantic danger, it still takes time to lure the box
CM Mercury
Community Manager

8th May 2024 14:42:54 (Last edited 8th May 2024 14:48:52)

Quoting CM Mercury:

Quoting Askja:

What do you mean exactly ? Normally, fortification goes from 5% (beginner) to 8% (from magic level 20). And I don't think paladins need more fortification, they need more damage.

Cleave : last year we had an unjustified 20% nerf on cleave. To cancel it, you need buff cleave by 25% (1/0,8=1,25). And be certain even 25% wouldn't be enough ...

Hi,

Fortification should start from 6% and go up to 8%, now on TS it starts from 8% and should go up to 10%.

Cleave had a 10% damage increase, which we can still work on. It could be 15% or even 20%, eventually landing at 25% if needed.

ps. These changes apply solely to the TS. Upon mutual agreement, they can also be implemented on the live servers

-Mercury
Disturbed Maverick
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 208
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:44:34

@CM Mercury

Please don't mess with warlocks and barbarians, there's no need to nerf the subclasses that are well balanced, just improve paladins, shamans and rangers.

A few suggestions:

Rogue

Traps - cooldown can be reduced to 10s and damage reduction/nerf removed from the Ice Traps special talent.

Ruthless Execution - remove this spell and put Hellish Volley in its place. Barbed Arrow is a much better and more useful single target spell for pvp and pve.

Hellish Volley - change required magic level from 12 to 10. Increase damage by 15%.

Marksman

Spread Shot - The area of spell can be expanded to 6 sqm in front of caster, dealing damage on 3 squares wide by all the way. Reducing cooldown from 3s to 2s.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Piercing Shot - cooldown can be decreased from 5s to 4s.

Marksman can be a ranger focused on wave spells or straight-line higher damage spells (similar to warlocks gameplay), in addition to his buff focusing on critical damage.

While Rogue could gain more focus on luring mobs into Traps and hitting them with the Hellish Volley, even blocking some monsters above the Traps and dealing damage using the Hellish Volley. Besides his buff focused on attack speed.

Meditation can be changed to a buff that provides 3% of hp steal for 10 minutes without cooldown to reactivate it. This way it can become really useful.

--------------------------><------------------------

Paladin

Bring back Desolation (4s cooldown) helping with spells rotation and putting an end to the paladin's lack of damage. Keep Cleave as it is. Changing Shield Slam to 20s cooldown and finally removing Holy Sword.

If desolation is brought back, it could make paladin gameplay interesting again. Rotation would be Cleave 2s and Desolation 4s.

--------------------------><------------------------

Shaman

Change Hailstorm to a wave or create a new wave spell but cooldown a bit higher than most attack spells - between 8s and 10s - to help on big lures of monsters however keeping shamans doing solo exp per hour below any other subclass.
Gremar
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 10
Ranger
8th May 2024 14:45:42

Quoting CM Mercury:
Quoting Askja:

In my opinion, the non sense is in the fact that a level 700 paladin hunting in best place of the game (and most expensive ofc) doesn't even reach the exp of a level 450 barb in an easy and cheap place.

I already answered this argument here.

Quoting CM Mercury:

Hi,

Fortification should start from 6% and go up to 8%, now on TS it starts from 8% and should go up to 10%.

Cleave had a 10% damage increase, which we can still work on. It could be 15% or even 20%, eventually landing at 25% if needed.

-Mercury

is there any chance of holy sword being a box spell? even if it's a 5s cooldown or more to help with the damage of the box with cleave?
CM Mercury
Community Manager

8th May 2024 14:50:03 (Last edited 8th May 2024 14:50:25)

Quoting Gremar:

is there any chance of holy sword being a box spell? even if it's a 5s cooldown or more to help with the damage of the box with cleave?

Hi,

That is a possibility, it could spread the damage across a box like area.

-Mercury
Gremar
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 10
Ranger
8th May 2024 14:54:16

Quoting CM Mercury:
Quoting Gremar:

Hi,

-Mercury

correct! test this to be a helper for the paladin's damage with the cleave... start the box using the holy sword and then cleave - cleave - holy sword... the damage doesn't need to be stratospheric because the class is paladin... but a helper in the box together with the cleave could be something
King Healer
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 1100
Mage
8th May 2024 14:54:18 (Last edited 8th May 2024 15:02:08)

Quoting CM Mercury:
Quoting Gremar:

Hi,

-Mercury

Please try the following changes, please:

Place a paladin spell in area, old desolation with lower damage than the barbarian.

Remove the barbarian's shield.

Put the shaman so that when you choose the damage talent, when investing only increases the damage of the hail storm and tik it again, do the same with the straight drill.

Set the buffs to be used only once and if necessary, press them again to remove them.
« First
3 4 5 6 7
Last »