That's a tough one. Or change the area of attack for Cleave? :smartass:

-Mercury
Askja
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 842
Warrior
10th May 2024 13:05:17 (Last edited 10th May 2024 13:08:57)

Quoting CM Mercury:
-Add a 3x3 hit area around the target on Holy Sword that does 25% of the main damage.

I'm level 720/skill 180ish, my Holy Sword on test server is 1500.

So basically you propose to add a 3x3 hitting 375 (at level 720 !!!), so less than sweeping swipe, each 15 seconds .... Moreover most of time it won't even hit 8 mobs coz it's centered around the target and not around the player.

Come on, please do maths, it won't solve anything, it's only cosmetic, even weaker as 10% buff on cleave was.

Those things were discussed :
here,here,

and here where you have a SERIOUS complete buff proposal which was mathematically verified.

At that point I will give up as always .... I don't even feel like to test anything, all that is a bad joke, very bad joke. So sad.
Hellsinner
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 146
Warrior
10th May 2024 13:05:51

CM Mercury, You forgot Desolation
King Healer
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 1100
Mage
10th May 2024 13:16:06

Quoting CM Mercury:
Hi,

A lot of great ideas!
We will test some more changes today and some minor changes might be done during the S6. There will be no more nerfing during the S6.

The TS will stay open for now and more balancing testing will be done based on your feedback to ensure a better result. Things that go live on S6 don't mean that they are final yet.

Some things that have been mentioned:
-Possibility to drop bp if not blessed at death
-Change Fire Shield from 14/14% to 16/12%
-Ranger Ricochet: Boost the second and third hit damage by +50% (Additionally add one or two more monsters that can be hit.
-Boost the second wave of Hailstorm from 33% to 50%
-Reduce magic level for Hellish Volley from 12 to 10.
-Increase area of Mortal Melody by adding a 3x3 at the end, increase the cost of mana from 15 to 150 and add a 2s CD + ml 25 required.
-Add a 3x3 hit area around the target on Holy Sword that does 25% of the main damage.
-Increase damage of hellish volley by 15%

Feel free to discuss further adjustments.

-Mercury

I think it's worth making these changes before launch, this greatly influences the creation of characters.

If you put a spell in a box for the 2s paladin, for example, you will have a lot more paladins instead of just having barbarian, changing the shaman with this spell in area, there would be more competitions to play shaman, changing the ranger and the pyro would improve the classes .

A change I would also like to see was in the marksman's frontal spells, I confess I don't remember the name, but these spells hit the front square and then they open up by hitting the area, it would be ideal if it already hit the 3 square meters in front of you, so that a hunt glued to the wall is possible x2 (example)
Disturbed Maverick
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 208
Warrior
10th May 2024 13:22:12 (Last edited 10th May 2024 13:24:28)

Quoting CM Mercury:
Quoting Blackmoor:

...and change Cleave to Destolation, right? :P

Heya,

That's a tough one. Or change the area of attack for Cleave? :smartass:

-Mercury

Nice changes. But Desolation could be better than cleave Full box because It covers 8 sqm around the player more 1 sqm on the edges, similar to a cross. Please bring back that iconic spell...
Askja
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 842
Warrior
10th May 2024 13:24:19

A bit of maths to guide you :

Hypothesis : Cleave becomes 3x3 AND is buffed by 25%
Estimated result (fighting a box) : dps is raised by 40% (1,25x(8/5)x0,7=1,4)(0,7 is because I estimate (after tests+maths) that cleave is right now 70% of my dps)

So now please do that :
- define a goal (dps x 1,??)
- adjust numbers to reach that goal !!!

Simple like that ...:\
CM Mercury
Community Manager

10th May 2024 13:45:32

Quoting Askja:
Quoting CM Mercury:

So basically you propose to add a 3x3 hitting 375 (at level 720 !!!), so less than sweeping swipe, each 15 seconds .... Moreover most of time it won't even hit 8 mobs coz it's centered around the target and not around the player.

Come on, please do maths, it won't solve anything, it's only cosmetic, even weaker as 10% buff on cleave was.

here,here,

and here where you have a SERIOUS complete buff proposal which was mathematically verified.

At that point I will give up as always .... I don't even feel like to test anything, all that is a bad joke, very bad joke. So sad.

Thank you Askja for the detailed math. These numbers are just for testing purposes and they can be fixed :)

We would like to keep a certain difference between sub classes. Having all of them do great AOE damage is not the main goal here, just slightly reduce the experience gaps between each sub class.

Eventually we might be going towards the more AOE based damage but for now let's try to keep the changes small and slowly work our way towards a better balance.

We can work on single target damage too and with the introduction of new spawns and maybe some new monsters a single target could do great instead of just having all classes AOE.

-Mercury
Zeek
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 463
Warrior
10th May 2024 14:10:42

Quoting CM Mercury:

Feel free to discuss further adjustments.

-Mercury

Problem with this is that it still fails to damage the monster's that are being missed by cleave, Paladin needs an ability that hits all 8 tiles around them. I'm fine with desolation coming back to do this, or cleave being all 8 tiles, or the 3x3 of holy sword being around the player not the target.
King Healer
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 1100
Mage
10th May 2024 14:43:05

Quoting CM Mercury:
Quoting Askja:
Quoting CM Mercury:

here,here,

Thank you Askja for the detailed math. These numbers are just for testing purposes and they can be fixed :)

We would like to keep a certain difference between sub classes. Having all of them do great AOE damage is not the main goal here, just slightly reduce the experience gaps between each sub class.

Eventually we might be going towards the more AOE based damage but for now let's try to keep the changes small and slowly work our way towards a better balance.

We can work on single target damage too and with the introduction of new spawns and maybe some new monsters a single target could do great instead of just having all classes AOE.

-Mercury

If the game's meta was 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 monsters, it would make sense. However, all monsters and hunts are in area, which makes the AOE stand out. We have two similar games that show this.

Tibia: Hunt with many monsters and the classes have been adapted so that they all have area damage.

Medivia: Hunt single target 99% of the time.

Since the creation of the first hunt that contained more than 3 monsters per spot, area classes were superior, so zezenia kind of went with the idea of ​​area hunting, causing classes that were not adapted to fall behind.

Unfortunately, zezenia was already given this idea of ​​single target hunting with VERY strong animals, but they never even responded, that is, what makes you believe that not having a change in the classes adapting them to AOE, is not the solution?
CM Mercury
Community Manager

10th May 2024 14:56:09

Quoting King Healer:

If the game's meta was 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 monsters, it would make sense. However, all monsters and hunts are in area, which makes the AOE stand out. We have two similar games that show this.

Tibia: Hunt with many monsters and the classes have been adapted so that they all have area damage.

Medivia: Hunt single target 99% of the time.

Since the creation of the first hunt that contained more than 3 monsters per spot, area classes were superior, so zezenia kind of went with the idea of ​​area hunting, causing classes that were not adapted to fall behind.

Unfortunately, zezenia was already given this idea of ​​single target hunting with VERY strong animals, but they never even responded, that is, what makes you believe that not having a change in the classes adapting them to AOE, is not the solution?

Having some sort of AOE for all classes is some sort of a solution. Is it a long term solution? Don't know. We will keep the TS alive to test things.

-Mercury
« First
11 12 13 14 15
Last »