3rd June 2024 16:09:19 CM Mercury View post »
Blackmoor
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 128
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:11:52

The gameplay style has changed. We fight more mobs at once.
CLEAVE SHOULD BE FULL BOX spell, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Buff Ranger
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 35
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:13:23

The problem of a subclass being strong at PvP but too weak at PvE (exp) is solved by areal damage.
I think the rangers' ricochet should be replaced by a better and more consistent version of "areal arrow" in a way that improves the exp making while not affecting PvP.

By the way, throwing out some random nerfs/buffs just to wait for players to tell you what is needed to balance the game is very weird.
People are giving feedbacks for months if not years only to receive a "oh we threw some changes but you can ignore it all, just tell us what to do in this 2-day window till the season start".

That's just my opinion tho
CM Mercury
Community Manager

8th May 2024 14:13:48

Hi,

Minor changes:
-Increased paladins Fortification from 6% to 8%
-Changed Sweeping Swipe boost to Cleave boost (10%)
-Adjusted Pyromancers Fire Shield from 12/16% to 14/14%

-Mercury
Onefiveonefourfive
Player

Outfit
Zera
Level 200
Mage
8th May 2024 14:14:49

Quoting Askja:
Quoting Zero Damage:
The problem of AOE classes dominating mostly single target classes is still a huge issue, for example you have a barbarian or a warlock being able to just spam boosts while rangers struggle to cover their costs at a fraction of their exp/h.

Very crucial point.

As I wrote somewhere else, as paladin 700 the only place where I get decent exp is templars, where I lose money each time I boost, and still get LESS EXP than a barbarian 400-500 going to yahgans barbarians, where they do big profit.

Therefore I'm obliged to go to easy places like yahgans barbarians, where I do some profit too, and where I get something like 30% less exp than those 400-500 barbs .... it's sick !

How do you guys expect a paladin to do as much exp per hour as a barb? Barbarian is always been known as one of the best solo hunting classes. Paladins are made to be tanks for a team... You guys don't make sense
Buff Ranger
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 35
Warrior
8th May 2024 14:18:17

How do you guys expect a paladin to do as much exp per hour as a barb? Barbarian is always been known as one of the best solo hunting classes. Paladins are made to be tanks for a team... You guys don't make sense

Tell us some high level content that needs a Paladin to be done. There is no reason to play Paladin at higher levels because there is no such challenge, almost everyone turned into a Barbarian because it's just better in all ways.
Zero Damage
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 200
Ranger
8th May 2024 14:20:28

Quoting Onefiveonefourfive:
Quoting Askja:
Quoting Zero Damage:
The problem of AOE classes dominating mostly single target classes is still a huge issue, for example you have a barbarian or a warlock being able to just spam boosts while rangers struggle to cover their costs at a fraction of their exp/h.

Very crucial point.

As I wrote somewhere else, as paladin 700 the only place where I get decent exp is templars, where I lose money each time I boost, and still get LESS EXP than a barbarian 400-500 going to yahgans barbarians, where they do big profit.

Therefore I'm obliged to go to easy places like yahgans barbarians, where I do some profit too, and where I get something like 30% less exp than those 400-500 barbs .... it's sick !

The problem is game progression has stopped so at some point tankiness has no difference. You can see a difference at say level 100 but when you look at 500, then barbarian can just 8 box close to any monster and be totally fine.

I kind of disagree with just making rangers AOE as things start to feel the same (especially having 2 rangers), you could make rogue more AOE based and just super beef up marksman single target (obviously reduced in PVP to not make them OP).

Shamans need something to stop them just being a spam macro bot.
Onefiveonefourfive
Player

Outfit
Zera
Level 200
Mage
8th May 2024 14:21:27

Quoting Buff Ranger:

Tell us some high level content that needs a Paladin to be done. There is no reason to play Paladin at higher levels because there is no such challenge, almost everyone turned into a Barbarian because it's just better in all ways.

Last seasonal I watched barbs struggle to do literally everything but solo hunt without a shaman. High lvl quests, teamhunts etc... You have to spam health flask while healing with recu just to teamhunt. Without a shaman around barbs are no blocker...
Zero Damage
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 200
Ranger
8th May 2024 14:23:32 (Last edited 8th May 2024 14:26:03)

Quoting Onefiveonefourfive:
Quoting Buff Ranger:

Last seasonal I watched barbs struggle to do literally everything but solo hunt without a shaman. High lvl quests, teamhunts etc... You have to spam health flask while healing with recu just to teamhunt. Without a shaman around barbs are no blocker...

You've seen some very bad barbarians then, I played barbarian for the first time last season and didn't ever have to heal manually, the life steal is just crazy from them.(super low level you do have to heal with spells)
Clipse
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 125
Mage
8th May 2024 14:25:43

Barbarians are easy fix , remove life steal and force them to use 1 handeds . Reduce damage on secondary aoe .

Life steal potion should be removed from the game or be tweaked to give 1:4

Pyromancers aoe needs to go back to the old way or increase the new formula

Shamans are fine maybe a minor tweak in aoe damage

Rangers should gain a lot more skill when handing in tasks to attack .

Add a spell to marksmans that allow them to double hit more often .

Also creating class specific spawns would be a good idea .

Everyone who is saying that nerfing classes is a bad idea and increasing all the other classes to match them are brain dead’s and know nothing about balancing . Nobody wants to play a game where it is not challenging . If you want every class to be like barbarian or warlock then the game would suck . Buff the classes that need to be buffed but also nerf the broken classes .

Rogues in pvp are too op , too many escapes and short cooldowns .

Warlocks are both top tier in hunted and pvp needs to be nerfed

Barbarians are cracked , don’t need to explain this one even without bot the character plays itself at high lvl .

Adjust other classes as to what they need pvp fix or pvm fix also
Onefiveonefourfive
Player

Outfit
Zera
Level 200
Mage
8th May 2024 14:25:56

Enough of the talk about barbs, warlocks and pyros though... Where is the changes for shaman.... They have had a summon creature spell that is 100% useless for years and years. Make them a little tougher solo hunting somehow. Better aoe dmg or something idk. Shamans need something or else they can't do anything but just team hunt to heal the blocker...
« First
2 3 4 5 6
Last »