Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 1055
Mage
11th May 2024 13:46:29

Quoting Sanoman:
This is not crying and venting.
I really thought that Zezenia would have a future from the bottom of my heart, but what I see for the future are nerfs and more nerfs, because you don't have the ability to give high-level hunting content to high-level groups, and you'd rather demotivate the few remaining players with nerfs, congratulations, close this soon, the record for online players on the new server was 110, if I'm not mistaken I'm not going to give 2 weeks for 30 or 50 to remain online. Excellent work once again a disappointment. For me the game ended 2 years ago when you nerfed the pyromancer, so it doesn't matter if one more nerf8)8)

Agree 100%

I already gave some good ideas in last topics, for improving rangers and shaman for example, but
You didnt even respond to it, you listen mostly to people who usually dont have hands and dont know how to hunt, thats why I just gave up in giving any ideas...
Askja
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 856
Warrior
11th May 2024 16:11:19 (Last edited 11th May 2024 16:18:00)

At that point I perfectly may give up playing too. I didn't decide it yet but after that huge bad joke of last 3 days I begin to think about it.

I'm paladin lvl 722/skill 159+29 (Edit : and I'm the only 600+ paladin left on Elysium playing on a daily basis), I have very nice gear (I can perfect it a bit more but not that much). From more than 100 levels I'm hunting in best place of the game (exp wise : templars) and yet my exp is still *lower* than any 450 barbarian hunting in yahgan barbarians or HC dk+legionnaires. I don't even want to compare with pyro/warlock/barbs of same level, they have at least x2 and probably more.

I have absolutly no perspective of progression. Sweeping is cap to 500 and mine won't raise anymore. I can only rely on Cleave, doing right now (before a "balance" update) an incredible 1300-1350 damage (omg ...). During that 100 levels I barely gained any exp/h, and I have no other hunt to try to get more exp (I tried everything).

And don't talk to me about serving as tanker in party, it may be useful in low/mid levels, but nowadays at high levels nobody needs a blocker anymore to exp, and in the few cases a blocker is needed, barbarians do best than paladins, because paladins are ruining exp of party

Now, after those 3 days of non sense rushing to find a "balance", after all proposals players did, including mine which is seriously detailled with numbers and motivation, all paladin get is a pure joke 3x3 on Holy Sword (no damage, 15s cd, misplaced), and a +10% (or +15%, this is not clear :/) on Cleave which doesn't even compensate the completely unjustified 20% nerf we had monthes ago.

I just feel as a cow watching the trains go by, and I'm not sure to stand it anymore long.
Sanoman
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 956
Mage
11th May 2024 20:35:48

Quoting Xplosion:
Quoting Sanoman:
I really thought that Zezenia would have a future from the bottom of my heart, but what I see for the future are nerfs and more nerfs, because you don't have the ability to give high-level hunting content to high-level groups, and you'd rather demotivate the few remaining players with nerfs, congratulations, close this soon, the record for online players on the new server was 110, if I'm not mistaken I'm not going to give 2 weeks for 30 or 50 to remain online. Excellent work once again a disappointment. For me the game ended 2 years ago when you nerfed the pyromancer, so it doesn't matter if one more nerf8)8)

Agree 100%

I already gave some good ideas in last topics, for improving rangers and shaman for example, but
You didnt even respond to it, you listen mostly to people who usually dont have hands and dont know how to hunt, thats why I just gave up in giving any ideas...

Yes.... you and I, as legitimate top 1 and top 2...., we have no morals to speak here, they prefer to listen to people who don't even want to play, who are just here to further intoxicate the Zezenia community.
It's sad to say, honestly.
Xplosion
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 1055
Mage
11th May 2024 21:31:20 (Last edited 11th May 2024 21:32:01)

I have some time so I will try to give some of my ideas that:
1. might help in balance of subclasses
2. might help in balancing whole game by preventing in too fast exp by best players/those who have more time.

I will start from point 2. There will be always people who play more, and subclasses that are slightly better than the others. Zezenia is not so big, so we need some mechanism's to prevent huge level gaps between players. It usually ends like this: 2-3 best exping players, which spend their time on the game by making best daily/weekly experience, lead to the point where opinion of players is simple as this: we need to nerve pyro/warlock or whatever.

To be honest I would give a lot, to change not only subclass, but whole class into a barbarian, with comparable melee skill to my magic level ( my mlvl is almost 92 so it will be places 5-8 in Elysium, melee 5-8 places are from 184 to 188 skill) . I would even cut my whole experience by 10% to make a change to barbarian right now. Why? a 600 barb can take a box of templars and atk it all time, box of templars around me would smash me in 2-3 seconds, even on traps with 5 is really easy to die... on almost 1000 lvl, with perfect res equipment, and a 400 lvls less barb is almost indestructible. Ok, sometimes 600 barb might die there, so give as example 700 barb, with full eq I am sure I would be indestructible and I would be so fk tired after a 2 h hunt running all the time using ctrl + arrow every second to aim cross or whirlwind. But this was offtopic, I am going right back to the 2. point.

Decrease for every monster exp that he yield for 20%, so people wont level so fast and the gaps between them wont be so big. I would even consider to decrease every character experience by 20% so it would fair enough for everyone
I would even add 20% of health to every existing monster, so many places would be more team hunt friendly
And ofcourse boosts, I would decrease their %'s, exp boost should give less exp, same for debuff, it should take less hp from monsters.

That all will give to the Staff more time for preparing new monsters, much powerfull than existing ones like chenoo, which would give for example 25k exp ( with decreasing all monsters exp chenoo would yield 20 520 exp instead of 25 650 and new powerfull monsters would give as much as chenoo right now). I hope You all understand what my purpose is. And with decreasing everyone (players) exp points for example I would have right now something like 925 lvl instead of 995, for example 500 lvl would be 466 level. It would be really good move for better Zezenia and the gaps between players numbers would be smaller, ofc with good balance of classes/subclasses, which lead us to point 1.

1. As I have noticed Staff changed some spells significantly, long time ago I had an idea for Shaman to have his 4s spell, rock thrust to be like holy sword is now, so 9 sqm and all around some % of main dmg. Well I thought it wont happen, but here we have Staff can change whole spells structure. So now I would give some thoughtful ideas and proposals.

Shaman

-2s spell, hailstorm, should be bigger by 1 sqm every side - than it would be easier to group monsters and deal dmg in aoe,
-4s spell, rock thrust should be like holy sword now, 9 sqm. In the centre dmg should be same as its now, all around should be like 66% of centre hit. So for example if on 995 lvl shaman with 91+41 deal +-5200 from rock, all around hit should be 3400,
- raising buff negation to 15%, mana shouldnt be lowered

With those 2 changes shaman would become really competitive with other mages, and still all mage subclasses would have their own style. This change with mortal melody spell is just no sense, I tested it and it gives nothing into the game play, its just worse than a whirlwind, its still better to use whirlwind -> hailstorm-> whirlwind-> hailstorm than whirlwind/hailstorm-> mortal melody.
I also tested it and whirlwind is like 1500 while mortal melody is 1000 xD and hailstorm is much more than those both spells.

So reassuming, my proposed changes with hailstorm and rock thrust would really make shaman competitive and something new when we look at pyromaner and warlock gamestyle.

Pyromancer

- Inferno (4sec spell) dmg towards edges should be buffed, something around 15%
- Fire rain (2sec spell) should have bigger range, by 1 sqm every edge
- Buff should be 16negation/12mana
- Fire wave could be changed, not like cross so Pyro would become another Wrl grouping mobs in front, but this spell should fill the gap or be some alternative, it should have 3 sec cooldown and some range like whirlwind or bigger, with some good dmg, its now something like 1692 dmg fire wave to 1480 dmg whirlwind on my lvl, so dmg could be buffed to +- 1900 with range like now shamans melody
- bring back hp steal to 100%, it should be normal like for every other subclass...

Those changes could improve Pyro, which is still good subclass to play, what we can see on daily highscores.

Warlock & Barbarian

If there is a must to touch Warlock, which personally I wouldnt do, nerve cross overall by 10%, not just second wave by 50%... I just want to point, what I wrote at the beggining, that Barbarian is already really powerfull subclass, in terms of survivability it eats Warlock, and it is still one of the best dmg dealer... So if You are going to nerve Warlock, nerve dmg of Barbarian by 10% aswell!

Paladin

- I would add something like desolation spell, with 4 sec cooldown, all around Paladin, but I would give to this spell dmg of Cleave after your 15% dmg buff, and Cleave should get another 15% dmg buff, so it would be logical... So giving some numbers, I would take example of Askja, whose Cleave is now 1300-1350: Desolation should be like 1500 dmg (8 sqm around caster) Cleave 1700 5 sqms, then heal or sweeping swipe and another Cleave. I dont know exact numbers of exp/h what 700 Paladin can make, but with mentioned spell and dmg buff it should be fine for a subclass which can block literally all screen of everything...
or maybe make Desolation 2 sec cooldown, with 1500 dmg 8 sqm around and make Cleave 4 sec 1800 dmg 5 sqm's as it is? hard to say, for sure its worth a testing...
- Holy sword should be just as it is now in real Zezenia, with less cooldown, for example 12 sec, and buffed dmg, but I dont have any idea how much it should be buffed

Let any Paladin comment what does he think about those ideas, and if it really would change anything?

Rogue and Marksman

- special trap talent should make trap just bigger (3x3), without slightly reducing dmg... maybe the cooldown should be shorter?
- I think that weapons could have more atk, if Warsong is 26,3, make it like 31 for example, and then we will see whats the diffrence in auto attack/spell power
- Areal attack from bows/xbows should have bigger chance to appear, not 10-15%, it could be 25-30%, maybe with buffed ricochetes it could give real improvement
- many other things that was mentioned by people, who plays Rogues and Marksmans should be considered so Ranger Class would be more competitive...

I hope that Staff will take into consideration some of my proposals, atleast answer/test it or whatever... But probably it will be like always, this post will just drown unseen among other posts...
Xplosion
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 1055
Mage
11th May 2024 21:33:54

Quoting Sanoman:
Quoting Xplosion:
Quoting Sanoman:

Agree 100%

Yes.... you and I, as legitimate top 1 and top 2...., we have no morals to speak here, they prefer to listen to people who don't even want to play, who are just here to further intoxicate the Zezenia community.
It's sad to say, honestly.

Well, I gave it a one more try and spend 1,5 h on writing some proposals that might make the game better, lets see if those 1,5h was worth it...
Disturbed Maverick
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 209
Warrior
11th May 2024 21:54:23

Quoting Xplosion:

or maybe make Desolation 2 sec cooldown, with 1500 dmg 8 sqm around and make Cleave 4 sec 1800 dmg 5 sqm's as it is?

Exactly, that's the best idea to give what all paladins want for their characters.

Btw, amazing post! I also hope your efforts are taken into consideration by the Staff.
Askja
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 856
Warrior
12th May 2024 06:13:13 (Last edited 12th May 2024 06:17:20)

Quoting Xplosion:
Paladin

- I would add something like desolation spell, with 4 sec cooldown, all around Paladin, but I would give to this spell dmg of Cleave after your 15% dmg buff, and Cleave should get another 15% dmg buff, so it would be logical... So giving some numbers, I would take example of Askja, whose Cleave is now 1300-1350: Desolation should be like 1500 dmg (8 sqm around caster) Cleave 1700 5 sqms, then heal or sweeping swipe and another Cleave. I dont know exact numbers of exp/h what 700 Paladin can make, but with mentioned spell and dmg buff it should be fine for a subclass which can block literally all screen of everything...
or maybe make Desolation 2 sec cooldown, with 1500 dmg 8 sqm around and make Cleave 4 sec 1800 dmg 5 sqm's as it is? hard to say, for sure its worth a testing...
- Holy sword should be just as it is now in real Zezenia, with less cooldown, for example 12 sec, and buffed dmg, but I dont have any idea how much it should be buffed

Let any Paladin comment what does he think about those ideas, and if it really would change anything?

Yes, it would change A LOT, but :
- it's pretty clear staff will never give paladin a great AoE as you propose
- it would make gameplay very similar with barbs
- and honestly, I think it's probably too much damage.

What I do propose myself is way more reasonable, offering a combination of medium AoE (by medium, I mean not great :D), single target boost, all those together defining a very different caracteristic gameplay. Alas, nobody (staff ...) seems to understand it.

I will write it again in order to give numbers based on my char and to compare with yours :

Quoting Askja:

- Buff cleave at least 25% (to at least cancel unjustified 20% nerf of last year : 1/0,8=1,25)
- Keep Shield Slam the same on aimed target (and 6 sec cooldown untouched), and add to it 60% pve only damage on each 3x3 tiles *around player*
- Holy Sword 12 sec cd, adding pve only DoT damage (lets say 6 hit of 10% each second), adding also pve only armor debuff during 5-7 seconds

Now what would be new numbers, based on my actual char (cleave=1325/shield slam=2400 (2000 without special talent)/holy=1400):
- Cleave 1660
- New 3x3 AoE of 1440 *each 6 sec* and only on pve (note it's just added to current shield slam, nothing new to create for staff ...)
- Holy Sword boosted to 2240 (1400 currently, and I add *PVE only* 6x140=840)

Please note again that it would give a particular interest to special talent, exactly at the moment of the game (lvl 300) where beginner paladins begin to feel they will be bad for the rest of their life :D
Urri
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 539
Ranger
12th May 2024 10:25:46

The seasonal server is open and administration activity has dropped to 0
Players presented many specific proposals to improve the balance of professions.
It was enough to enter them on the test server to see which of them were good.
There are no better reviewers than the players themselves. Players who have been playing this game for 14 years and more.
As you can see, players care more about the game than the administration.
Kiad
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 11
Ranger
12th May 2024 12:23:53

Quoting Urri:
The seasonal server is open and administration activity has dropped to 0
Players presented many specific proposals to improve the balance of professions.
It was enough to enter them on the test server to see which of them were good.
There are no better reviewers than the players themselves. Players who have been playing this game for 14 years and more.
As you can see, players care more about the game than the administration.

We knew this would happen it's really no surprise, it had 4 days of advertising and 2 days of a "balance" test server. It really does just scream "quick money".
Melecossauro Rex
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 18
Ranger
12th May 2024 13:47:56

Thats funny!!! Xplosion andSanoman abused the overpowered pyro, abused the overpowered warlock, now your crying??? Stop this sh*t! Behave like a real man!

Thats balance, does not mean you have to get stronger every time the game changes!

I still believe warlock is too overpowered, it has damage negation buff AND life steal buff. REMOVE one of those buffs.
« First
15 16 17 18 19
Last »