Show staff replies in this thread
4th September 2024 16:12:53 CM Mercury View post »
6th September 2024 13:32:37 CM Mercury View post »
9th September 2024 08:11:10 CM Mercury View post »
Administration
Staff

4th September 2024 07:09:49

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

A Zezenia Online Game Update has been released. The game client will update automatically. Steam users may need to restart to receive updates.

This update includes the following changes:

Fire & Ice Hunt

This challenging hunt is located in the Chenoo spawn of the Ice Islands. Proficiency dealing with Chenoo is required to enter.

Hardcore Demonic Ents Hunt

A hardcore Demonic Ent portal has been added north of Eidos.

Karkkila Updates

The Karkkila region in the Ice Islands has received some landscaping:

- Added more creatures to the respawns of Kidamru, Snowbeasts, Savages, Marauders, Cutthroats and Executioners on the ground floor.
- Significantly expanded the Volcanic Golem respawn.
- Added a number of Crystal Dragons to the old respawn. Moved some mountains to create a circular respawn pattern.
- Reshaped narrow passages in the respawns of Ice Demons and Ice Throwers and added a few more monsters.
- Turned the Western Yeti Respawn into a circle and added more monsters.
- Added quick access to the old Xyioquan Dragons respawn and added some monsters.
- Added quick access to the Volcanic Golem respawn.

Full Changelog

Quoting Full changelog 2024-09-04:
- Reduced the game client download size.
- Added Pillar of Healing & Power to the Bestiary.
- Fixed a possible crash panning the monster or NPC map.
- Fixed falchion missing in item library.

Sincerely,
Zezenia Staff
Askja
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 874
Warrior
S5
4th September 2024 08:03:35

It sounds very exciting.

But ... I can't find any of those new spawns, I can't catch any change on map, and monsters search doesn't show any new spawn (and yes, new patch was loaded automatically).

Am I crazy dumb or is that a bug in update ?
Askja
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 874
Warrior
S5
4th September 2024 10:31:26 (Last edited 4th September 2024 10:32:55)

Visual bug with water on HC demonic :

Captain Fuzzy Piddle
Player

Outfit
Pharos
Level 214
Mage
4th September 2024 11:18:12

Nice Map Changes'
Sr Camarada
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 602
Mage
4th September 2024 11:38:15

Great job reworking Karkkila's respaws.
Poke In Your Eye
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 50
Warrior
4th September 2024 12:22:39

Nice changes. I like the reshaped thrower area and easier way through ice demons.

This water is just a cloud that spawns fog demons ;)

I have mixed feelings about recent changes of low level monster spawns. I can clearly see that these changes are made for higher levels just to easy finish bestiary, but is this a good way? Karkkila surroundings were somehow empty or monotonous few years ago and now it looks much better with higher numbers of monsters but its hard to pass through. There is a great looking place - an outpost with executioners and few assassins but to get there at the moment you must to deal with extreme amount of savages and executioners and when youre strong enough - you will no longer care about such place to hunt. New players will never see that place, probably.

Completing the bestiary should be a bit of challenge, but it needs to have some balance and common sense. Hooligans, sycophants - why just 3 to master? 100 is fair enough even for a newbie. Fog demons - easy because information but still challenging as there are just about 10-15 per raid - maybe 50 to master? Fog yetis probably the same number. Black spiders were downgraded to 3, but now we have a place with a bunch of them. (And yes, I know that these bestiary numbers are not important in the game :P)

Another thing unrelated to this update: I still suggest turning off auto focus on the text field when opening world map window. Theres no way to unfocus it and play in the background when looking at the map. For me, bestiary window has ideal behavior: I can fight and use spells and still browse the window, even use buttons.
Sanoman
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 1000
Mage
4th September 2024 12:41:34

excellent work!! finally, an observation, the old chenno portal, I don't see anyone who hunts there. So my suggestion is to remove the slow paralysis of chenoo in players..., there is no need for a slow game, it is already very strong!!
Askja
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 874
Warrior
S5
4th September 2024 13:10:38

Quoting Sanoman:
the old chenno portal, I don't see anyone who hunts there.

Do you mean old place near Bersund or Norrneau HC ?

I do hunt sometimes in Norrneau HC, it's my favourite place to task ice throwers and chenoo, trying to get some collects meanwhile. But it's not a good place to exp for me (problem with summons being untouched by bestiary boosts), just to task. A possible suggestion for exp could be to remove icy terrors from HC, and add some ice throwers instead.
Pantela
Player

Outfit
Elysium
Level 393
Ranger
S5
S4
4th September 2024 13:13:10

Nice map changes!
Sanoman
Premium

Outfit
Elysium
Level 1000
Mage
4th September 2024 13:27:18

Quoting Askja:
Quoting Sanoman:
the old chenno portal, I don't see anyone who hunts there.

Do you mean old place near Bersund or Norrneau HC ?

I do hunt sometimes in Norrneau HC, it's my favourite place to task ice throwers and chenoo, trying to get some collects meanwhile. But it's not a good place to exp for me (problem with summons being untouched by bestiary boosts), just to task. A possible suggestion for exp could be to remove icy terrors from HC, and add some ice throwers instead.

yes, askja, norrneau... and I'm referring to the slowness that chenno gives, not the specific location
1 2 3
Last »